It’s no extra information that for some months, Nigerians can’t journey to Dubai instantly from Nigeria. This due to the problems between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE authorities.
In the previous few months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which was once very straightforward has hastily develop into a nightmare. To go on this journey, you’ll have to undergo different nations and one of many best being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. It is because the 2 nations are our closest neighbours.
I’ve learn a number of tales about totally different points folks have had within the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of many fashionable tales was shared by Derende right here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Typically this month, A consumer contacted me to assist him course of a 3 months Dubai visa and likewise to plan his itinerary to Dubai by way of Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin.
To chop a protracted story quick, on his journey date, we received to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is much less rowdy, much less congested and searching properly maintained. That was after I received the shocks of my life. Firstly, the vast majority of the folks going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport have been Nigerians.
As we have been driving into the automotive park, I understand the general public doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We modified some cash and headed straight to the departure.
I met plenty of Nigerians on the ready space. You’ll virtually assume it’s one other department of Murtala Muhammed Worldwide airport positioned in Lagos. Then the worst occurred, as we have been heading in, we noticed 4 Nigerians popping out, at first I believed they have been coming again. Solely to get to the queue and we have been advised they have been denied boarding. I received extra curious, on additional investigation, I later received to know that they backdated the date they received in, not realizing that The republic of Benin had modified their stamp. Unlucky for them, they backdated with the brand new stamp.
Whereas on the Airport, I additionally noticed one other Nigerian who was arrested on the airport as a result of he was attempting to board with a pretend visa. I can’t consider somebody would attempt to try this. I feel the individual he paid gave him a pretend visa. He received locked up for some days. That is actually painful.
Then the final set of Nigerians that have been rejected both have broken passports or Worldwide passport with an image that’s not clear. The final units of Nigerians that received denied have been individuals who received late to the checking level.
Listed below are the foremost the explanation why you possibly can get denied boarding on the Cotonou Airport.
Causes Why Folks Had been Rejected
- Broken passport: Any passport with stains, an image that’s not clear, broken on any a part of the info web page is automated rejection. Please keep away from any type of harm to your passport. Most people have been travelling with the identical passport in Nigeria with none situation. Somebody mentioned they’re doing it to frustrate Nigerians. LOL this I cant confirm but.
- Pretend visa: Please all the time attempt to affirm the validity of your passport.
- Pretend stamp: Please make sure you all the time stamp on the border, don’t pay touts to stamp for you.
- Backdated stamp: YOu are presupposed to spend 2 weeks minimal on the Cotonou Airport earlier than you’re allowed to journey.
- Expired covid 19 take a look at: Please make sure you do your Covid 19 take a look at on time so you may get the outcome on time.
Issues to notice when visiting Dubai by way of the Republic of Benin
1. you could spend a minimal of two weeks within the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the protected aspect, Ensure you stamp in Seme border quite than Idiroko border, I heard so many individuals are having points at Idiroko after they arrive in Dubai.
3. Verify your Visa validity on-line.
4. Get to the airport at the least three hours earlier than your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 take a look at. You’ll get your outcome the identical day.
6. If you may get an agent that’s conversant in the route that will help you out. It should prevent plenty of cash in the long term.
7. Keep in a resort that’s not removed from the airport
8. Get conversant in the terrain and an English talking cab driver. It should prevent plenty of headache.
Please make sure you comply with all Covid 19 protocols, please attempt to do the correct factor as a result of as soon as you’re caught they’ll make sure you face the legislation. Have you ever had an analogous expertise? Please share beneath.