A tree-covered riverwalk with quaint stone bridges. An eleven-day competition with confetti and hen on a stick. Remembering the Alamo. In relation to having a superb time steeped in historical past, there are such a lot of scenic and engaging issues to do in San Antonio, Texas.
You may wander round in one in all their many museums, take a riverboat down a fairy-tale-esque river, and stroll the grounds of what was as soon as a Mission turned grotesque battlefield. To not point out gorgeous gardens, unimaginable meals, and pleasant folks. It’s simple to search out your self falling in love with San Antonio in your first go to!
Visiting Texas for the primary time I puzzled what it will be like. A desert wasteland? No, by no means, fortunately! Would everybody be in ten-gallon hats and cowboy boots? Properly, not everybody, however you’ll undoubtedly see some Texan trend! And would the vibes be off since Texas has some really questionable politics? I’m glad to say no – the town is various and welcoming. So let’s get into it!
Psst: Planning a go to to Texas or the West? Try a few of our different posts that can assist you plan your journey!
The Finest Time to Go to San Antonio, Texas
The perfect time to San Antonio, Texas is earlier than it will get too sizzling or too chilly (all you want is a lightweight jacket), usually in March/April or October/November. The temperatures throughout this time vary from the mid-60s to the 80s, and once I went in April it acquired just a little sizzling at noon however not stifling.
I additionally visited San Antonio throughout their Fiesta competition which occurs each April, and fell in love with the power the town exudes throughout this time. Folks come out to celebration, very similar to we do right here in Louisville throughout the Kentucky Derby Competition or Mardi Gras in New Orleans, and there was a lot to do and see throughout this time.
I extremely advocate visiting throughout April throughout the 11-long-day competition (extra on this under), and should you’re into enjoyable and plenty of occasions to attend, this actually is one of the best time to discover the town!
The best way to Get to San Antonio, Texas
Texas is a large state, and the simplest option to get right here is to fly. Many airways don’t fly immediately into San Antonio however join by Dallas, which is about an hour’s flight away. The San Antonio airport itself (SAT) is sufficiently small to get by rapidly and is just quarter-hour away from the middle of the town.
The best way to get round San Antonio, Texas
There are a few methods to get round San Antonio simply. These are:
- Strolling: I stayed downtown proper throughout the road from the Alamo throughout my keep and was capable of stroll to lots of the cultural highlights of the town, together with the Alamo (in fact), the River Stroll, the Previous Market Sq., just a few of the museums, some nice eating places, and a lot of the Fiesta occasions.
- Journey Shares or Rental Automobiles: To succeed in my different locations I used rideshares, however this will add up rapidly. If you happen to’re going to remain for quite a lot of days renting a automobile could also be your best choice, however not completely essential.
- The Bus: San Antonio has a bus system known as the VIA Metropolitan Transit that runs a number of traces for a cheap price.
Issues to do in San Antonio, Texas
There are such a lot of issues to do in San Antonio, Texas, the place does one start? Properly to get the heart beat of the town, and the historical past that constructed it, there’s one cease that may put into perspective the tradition, and complex historical past of the town and the state of Texas. Lest we overlook, let’s begin with studying concerning the historical past of the Alamo!
Study Your Texan Historical past on the Alamo
Even should you aren’t the largest historical past buff, the Alamo is an effective place to start out your time in San Antonio as a result of it places the town, and the state of Texas, into historic perspective.
The Alamo is positioned smack dab in the course of downtown San Antonio, and it looks like the middle of the wheel which the remainder of the town followers out from. Subsequent to it’s a mall and several other lodges, however strolling across the Alamo grounds looks like being in a distinct world.
When most individuals consider the Alamo they solely consider the enduring Alamo church, which in fact could be very stunning and evocative, however the surrounding grounds are simply as a lot of the unique Alamo, regardless that a lot of the partitions and buildings are lacking at this time.
The San Antonio space was initially occupied by the Tāp Pīlam Coahuiltecan Nation of Indigenous Peoples till their inhabitants was enormously diminished by the arrival of Spanish Franciscan Missionaries who established San Antonio de Valero Mission in 1718.
In 1793, the Spanish Crown issued an order for the missions in Texas (which was nonetheless a part of Mexico at this level) to be secularized, so in 1803, a Spanish cavalry unit known as La Segunda Compañía Volante de San Carlos de Parras transformed the previous mission into army barracks which grew to become “the Alamo”.
In 1821 Mexico gained its independence from Spain, then Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna in 1833 abolished the Structure of 1824, altering his political opinions from federalism to centralism, inflicting Mexico to fall right into a civil battle and Texas to hunt its personal independence.
On October 2, 1835, the Texas Revolution started within the city of Gonzales, when the Mexican Military refused at hand again a canon to the Texans who lent them it. Finally, the Texans fired a shot on the Mexican Military, resulting in the beginning of the Texas Revolution.
The Texans hunkered down on the Alamo, as Basic Santa Anna’s Military marched towards Texas. On March 2, 1836, Texas declared its independence from Mexico. The Battle of the Alamo passed off on March 6, 1836, and was actually a really small second on this complete political turmoil – the battle lasted solely 90 minutes, and Santa Anna’s Military worn out all 200 defenders.
Immediately the Alamo stands for bravery, revolution, and resilience, although it has a extra sophisticated aspect, in that a part of the political unrest of the Texans was they needed to combat Mexico to maintain their proper to personal slaves. Like nearly all of US historical past, there’s a unusual line between honoring the sophisticated previous and utilizing it to information us to a greater future.
Visiting the Alamo church is free with a timed ticket, and you can even take a guided tour or personal tour (Ernesto was an incredible information!). In addition they simply opened the model new Ralston Household Collections Heart, which options an enormous assortment of things associated to the Alamo (many donated by singer Phil Collins) together with Santa Anna’s discipline sword, a rifle owned by Davy Crockett, and a Violin produced from the Alamo church wooden.
The Alamo is presently going by some growth efforts, constructing out components of the unique Alamo so guests can see what all the advanced would have appeared like earlier than Santa Anna’s military destroyed most of it. Try Mission San Jose if you wish to discover a mission that has been higher preserved (i.e. not destroyed), which is San Antonio’s Nation Park, and you may even hit up lots of the missions on a non-public tour!
Occasion Throughout Fiesta®
Fiesta® San Antonio is a long-standing occasion, initially began in 1891 a one-parade occasion to honor those that died on the Alamo and Battle of San Jacinto, the ultimate battle of the Texas Revolution. Immediately the occasion lives on within the month of April, however fairly than being a single parade, it has developed into an 11-day-celebration that honors all issues San Antonio, together with its various residents, with parades (a number of ones!), music, patriotic observances, Fiesta Royalty with rhinestone attire, and plenty of good meals and drinks!
Although the unique competition could have had extra of the strictly Patriotic historical past related to it, Fiesta at this time brings the town collectively all for a superb trigger – The Fiesta® San Antonio Fee Inc. is a nonprofit, volunteer, self-supporting group and the funds raised present providers to San Antonio residents all year long. It actually is a celebration with a goal!
You’ll see folks sporting flower crowns (halos), smashing confetti eggs on one another’s heads (Cascarones), and sporting colourful badges on their garments (medals) which you should purchase or you might be given by enterprise or party-goers. For Fiesta you costume up – we’re speaking a complete coloration explosion, and also you’ll see lots of people in Latin-inspired embroidered tops and big gaudy hats, very similar to the Kentucky Derby!
Now that you already know a *little* about what Fiesta® San Antonio is, listed below are a number of the occasions you may’t miss:
- A Night time in Previous San Antonio (NIOSA) – A Night time in Previous San Antonio or NIOSA (as you’ll extra generally see it written or heard it stated as), is a four-day lengthy occasion that celebrates the tradition of San Antonio’s residents. It feels rather a lot like Disney World in a means – there are various totally different “lands” full of meals and drinks from that tradition which takes place within the downtown historic arts village of La Villita. You will get escargot from France, hen on a stick from New Orleans, pretzels from Germany, elote from Mexico, and a lot extra. Stay music fills the air, everyone seems to be ingesting and having enjoyable, and you may discover the world in a single evening!
- Battle of the Flowers Parade – This 2.5-hour+ parade is the end result of the Fiesta® actions, and within the days main as much as it, you’ll see folks organising bleachers everywhere in the metropolis for the 45,000 seats which are offered. The Battle of the Flowers® Affiliation is the one all-women, all-volunteer group producing occasions of its variety and you may anticipate to see army shows, cultural floats, and the Fiesta® Royalty, together with its duchesses in lengthy, ostentatious beaded attire. You’ll hear spectators yelling for the women to “present us your footwear!”, and so they’ll present what they’re sporting beneath their attire to the viewers – normally rhinestone cowboy boots!
- Cornyation – Cornyation (a spoof on “coronation”) began within the Fifties as a option to make enjoyable of the wealthy, Anglo residents of the Fiesta® Royal Court docket and the Coronation of the Queen of the Order of the Alamo, the place yearly 24 girls of eligible marriage age stroll throughout the Coronation stage and up a set of stairs, ready for the crowning of their Princess and Queen. The primary Cornyation in 1951 mocked the Coronation theme of 1950, the “Court docket of Islands,” by crowning as an alternative an “Empress of the Cracked Salad Bowl” on the river of the thousand islands, the place all of the Cornyation duchesses dressed up as lettuce and different greens. Immediately Cornyation retains with the custom of panning the elite – you’ll see drag queens impersonating CoUNTry queens, skits making enjoyable of native and nationwide politics, and an entire lot of campy and homosexual musical numbers. It’s chaotic, irreverent, and humorous. I like to recommend this wonderful ebook – Cornyation: San Antonio’s Outrageous Fiesta Custom – to study extra about this tremendous enjoyable custom.
- Fiesta de los Reyes – Situated within the Historic Market Sq., which has been used as a gathering level for meals and the native “chili queens” since 1730, you will discover your self amongst 100+ native distributors throughout an enormous road celebration. The Fiesta itself is the most important free occasion in San Antonio, and you may stroll down the road with a margarita whereas noshing on a hen on a stick. Stay music permeates the air and it’s great folks watching amongst the historic structure! The Historic Market Sq. can also be vigorous on any weekend you might be on the town.
Stroll Alongside the River Stroll and Take a River Cruise
Some of the charming locations in San Antonio is the River Stroll, which weaves between buildings and below stone bridges, with eating places and colourful fiesta banners lining the route. If you happen to’ve ever been to EPCOT it’s a bit just like the Gran Fiesta Tour within the Mexico pavilion – however in actual life!
The River Stroll is definitely accessible from most locations downtown, and also you’ll see indicators pointing down stairs throughout to get to the River Stroll. As you stroll down the principally pure river, you might discover the Arnerson River Theatre, which you’ll know because the place the place Miss Rhode Island provides her well-known “excellent date” reply in Miss Congeniality (April twenty fifth).
Probably the greatest methods to essentially see the place this little river winds is by taking a Go Rio River Cruise, which is a 35-minute narrated boat tour in a colourful and cozy small barge boat. You’ll find out about issues like how 300 folks fall within the river per yr, most of whom are drunk or unintentionally fall in when it’s crowded throughout parades across the river.
In your journey, you’ll wind previous iconic spots, just like the Previous Mill Crossing Mural the place Teddy Roosevelt led his Tough Riders, and Selena’s Bridge, the place Tejano celebrity Selena Quintanilla Pérez’s husband proposed to her within the film (as performed by J-Lo, in fact). You’ll additionally study concerning the historic structure and see some big trendy sculptures which loom over the river.
Seeing these scenic bridges and other people sipping on margaritas at little eating places on the shore, like at Casa Rio, the primary restaurant to be constructed alongside the river, it’s simple to see why the River Stroll is so magical!
Cease to Scent the Roses at a Backyard
Since San Antonio is in a temperate local weather (i.e. sizzling), it’s simple for lots of tropical vegetation to develop right here. My preliminary thought was that San Antonio was going to be extra like a desert fairly than the surprisingly lush place that it really is, although I used to be informed that by the top of summer season the vegetation are fairly baked.
Fortunately, there are two nice locations to soak up each the native flora of Texas, but additionally some superb tropical vegetation you may solely see in a cultivated atmosphere.
San Antonio Botanical Backyard
The San Antonio Botanical Backyard is a 38-acre city oasis of vegetation, flowers, and loads of birds, bees, and butterflies fluttering about. Right here you may stroll by culinary gardens, previous huge plantings of native perennials feeding the native fauna, and thru big sculptural greenhouses, full of an unimaginable assortment of orchids, ferns, palms, and different unique vegetation.
Severely, as soon as the water misters come on within the greenhouses and also you’re strolling by lush inexperienced and a plethora of rainbow orchids, you’ll really feel such as you’re in a prehistoric film – sans the dinosaurs. You additionally can not miss wandering by the Japanese gardens, the Texas native trails full with little log cabins, and the formal backyard, full of roses and eye-popping snapdragons.
When you’re executed along with your afternoon stroll, dine on the adjoining Jardin Restaurant. Cool off with a refreshing frozen peach bellini, and their grilled cheese with candy tomato jam is to die for. If you happen to’re within the temper for one thing heavier, attempt their house-made pasta, just like the decadent pan-seared potato gnocchi. Being proper subsequent to a backyard, you already know every thing is as contemporary as it may possibly get!
Japanese Tea Backyard
The Japanese Tea Backyard was as soon as a limestone quarry and cement manufacturing facility on the flip of the century, however in 1916 Park Commissioner Ray Lambert appeared out over the rocky void and thought, “You understand what, this may make an epic Japanese backyard.” So it grew to become what it’s now – a jaw-dropping, lush year-round backyard with an abundance of flowers, shaded walkways, stone bridges over Koi ponds, and a dramatic 60-foot waterfall.
As you climb the steps and look over the huge backyard under, water pouring from the waterfall above, you’ll perceive why folks flock right here to take pictures and basic wander round such a zen place.
The backyard is free and open to the general public 7am to 5pm every single day, and arriving early is best fairly than later since even in spring and fall San Antonio afternoons can get sizzling and steamy. If you happen to get hungry for a snack, you may seize some meals from the adjoining Jingu Home which has spring rolls, boba tea, dumplings, and extra!
The Saga at San Fernando Cathedral
By day, the San Fernando Cathedral is a beautiful Catholic cathedral established in 1731, however by evening it turns into The Saga at San Fernando Cathedral, a colourful mild present that tells the story of San Antonio by music and dazzling photos.
Throughout this 24-minute journey by worldwide artist Xavier de Richemont, you’ll see over 7000 sq. ft of sunshine, coloration, and visible narration overtop the attractive structure of the cathedral.
The Saga tells the story with continually shifting, considerably trippy visuals, portray the story with music from the Native Individuals who known as this area residence, to the arrival and colonization of the Spanish, to the battle on the Alamo, to San Antonio at this time.
The present is free and takes place each Tuesday by Sunday at 9pm and 9:30pm.
Stuff Your Face
San Antonio has no scarcity of scrumptious eats, I imply, who doesn’t like some wonderful Tex-Mex meals? Apart from all of the flavors of the town’s Mexican affect, San Antonio is the culinary capital of Texas and is likely one of the two U.S. cities (the opposite being Tuscon) designated a UNESCO Artistic Metropolis of Gastronomy, and possibly the rationale I placed on a lot weight in 5 days.
Since San Antonio can also be residence to a Culinary Institute of America campus, that the majority actually helps them produce some prime cooks and a few really distinctive eating experiences. A few of my favourite eating places in San Antonio I’ve tried are:
- Botika – Botika is positioned within the Pearl, and its menu incorporates “a melting pot of South American and South East Asian flavors” which is precisely what you may anticipate finding right here. To begin, get the steam buns which embrace crispy pork stomach, caramelized onion hoisin sauce, pickled crimson cabbage, cucumbers, and mint. In your important, get the plain star Lomo Saltado, a savory and decadent dish with Wok stir-fried shoulder tender steak, siyao, wedge fries, candy plantain, pickled aji, and salsa criolla. I may eat this each time I come right here!
- Finest High quality Daughter – Additionally positioned within the Pearl in a 1906 home with 4 in a different way adorned rooms, Finest High quality Daughter is a New Asian-American Restaurant with some critical model. As soon as you agree into this inventive and comfy restaurant, order a Tremendous Bien cocktail with Mezcal, Watermelon-Ginger Cordial, and lemon juice that’s smoky and candy. For a starter, get the Mochi Cheddar Hush Puppies that are tacky and chewy and include Thai chili jam (I dream of those), and for a family-style important get the Cashew Rooster, which is tremendous flavorful and crispy and nothing like take-out!
- La Gloria – Situated within the Pearl as nicely (see a theme?), La Gloria “celebrates the wealthy and scrumptious road meals from inside Mexico” by offering lotssss of fine Mexican eats. As you sit outdoors among the many shade and colourful decorations overlooking the scenic river stroll (one of the best view on the town?), get one in all their margaritas which were voted greatest in San Antonio and an order of the Tradicional Queso Fundido and chips. For just a little extra sustenance than tequila and cheese, you may’t go incorrect with their Tacos Al Pastor.
- Dough Pizzeria Napoletana – Dough is the place to go for high quality Neapolitan pizza, the place their wood-burning ovens that bake the pizzas to perfection in 90 seconds at over 900 levels. Dough options an in depth wine choice, or get a flight of crimson or white wine to find your new favourite wine (I positive did, the San Salvatore Ceraso Aglianico Paestum). To begin attempt their Signature Burrata Al Tartufo© (so good it’s copywritten) with house-made burrata full of truffle essence, mascarpone, and ricotta and paired farm contemporary tomatoes, rosemary balsamic discount, additional virgin olive oil, and house-made flatbread. In your pizza course, get the Fontina E Salsiccia with house-made sausage, fontina cheese, caramelized candy onions, oak roasted mushrooms, thyme, Locatelli pecorino romano, and rosemary balsamic discount. Buon Appetito!
- La Panadería – La Panadería is a quick-service bakery and cafe with a number of areas round city (together with downtown), which is nice to get a meal on the go! They focus on handmade bread and pan dulce impressed by Mexico’s Golden Period, which pulls affect from French, Italian and American breadmaking strategies, together with a 48-hour fermentation course of. Get a puff pastry like a frosting-dipped Oreja, or a standard Mexican candy bread like a Concha. You may also get sandwiches on their contemporary baked items just like the El Favorito served on a spherical croissant with ham, swiss cheese, and two sunny aspect up eggs.
Discover the Historic Pearl
The Historic Pearl in San Antonio is a literal gem of scrumptious eateries, native boutique retailers, and loads of laid-back but elegant ambiance paired with attractive structure. This space has been bringing folks collectively since 1883 when native businessmen and moguls opened a brewery right here. Quickly after a brewmaster made his “Pearl” beer, whose title got here from the foamy bubbles within the freshly poured glass which resembled glowing pearls.
It wasn’t till the 2010s that this space grew to become developed into the Pearl we see at this time, with flats, lodges, retailers, eating places, a giant garden, the Culinary Institute of America, and a contemporary brewery. It’s an incredible place to spend a sunny afternoon, have a drink and a chunk to eat, and store!
A few of the greatest locations to take a look at are:
- Feliz Fashionable – This tremendous colourful store makes a speciality of curating gadgets made by unbiased artists & makers, and is like stepping right into a residing portray. You’ll find tremendous enjoyable playing cards, zany earrings and jewellery, Taylor Swift items, and plenty of different enjoyable issues which have a Texan vibe. I discovered so many issues I needed for myself and loads of issues to provide as items!
- The Twig Guide Store – This intimate bookstore is jam-packed with superb reads, with loads of books highlighting the historical past of San Antonio! That is the place I picked up my ebook on Cornyation and loads of superb souvenirs. You by no means know while you’ll want a ebook… in my case, one other one!
- The Meals Corridor at Bottling Division – The Meals Corridor has 4 fast service meals choices you may decide as much as eat inside or within the park proper outdoors the doorways. You may get pleasure from Mexican road meals from Chilaquil, pizza from Wonderslice, or Caribbean meals at Mi Roti, which has yummy curry hen and roti, a buttery flatbread. You may also seize a drink to go on the Park Bar, like a frozen boozy lemonade excellent for a sizzling day!
- Southerleigh Positive Meals & Brewery – Southerleigh touts itself as “Texas Cross-cultural Delicacies and Craft Brewery” with a seasonally rotating menu. The craft brewery is a throwback to the Pearl’s unique brewery which began all of it, and you may even get a “Pearl on the Patio” beer which pays homage to the unique beer. Pair this with Southerleighs Well-known Fried Rooster and you’ve got a meal! There’s additionally a drink cart outdoors, the place you seize a drink like a robust Sangria to get pleasure from your stroll across the Peal.
Try one of many Many Museums
Typically the easiest way to search out the center and soul of a metropolis is to go to a museum (or 5)! San Antonio is a many-faceted metropolis, from the Alamo to its Indigenous Inhabitants to modern artwork, so testing a specialty museum is an effective way to see all of the nuances and many alternative cultural lenses.
Listed below are a number of the greatest museums to go to:
- The Briscoe Western Artwork Museum – The Briscoe Westen Artwork Museum is the place to assist put the story of the American West into perspective, from the Native Individuals who name/known as Texas residence to the European settlers. Within the three-level museum, you may discover artifacts resembling settler’s stagecoaches, saddles, spurs and coated wagons, in addition to Native American drawings, sketches, work, and sculptures.
- The McNay – What’s now the McNay Museum was as soon as the house of a girl named Marion Koogler McNay, an Ohio-born heiress who bought her first trendy oil portray, Diego Rivera’s Delfina Flores, and commissioned the 24-room Spanish Colonial-Revival home, which grew to become the primary trendy artwork museum in Texas. Strolling the grounds is like being in a elaborate Nineteen Twenties movie, with fountains and formal gardens, with every room highlighting trendy artwork from vases to life-size sculptures, to colourful pop artwork.
- Hopscotch – Hopscotch San Antonion is an immersive artwork expertise, the place you don’t simply have a look at artwork, however turn into a part of the artwork your self! There are reveals like monumental, room-size murals, telephones the place you may hearken to recordings of holiday makers’ secrets and techniques (and you may depart your personal!), a digital graffiti wall, a corridor of neon lights, and extra all in a darkish and magical atmosphere. There may be additionally a bar earlier than you enter, so you may seize a zodiac-themed drink earlier than you “go down the rabbit gap”! You may seize your ticket upfront as nicely!
- San Antonio Museum of Artwork – The San Antonio Museum of Artwork has a balanced assortment of gorgeous artistic endeavors from world wide, together with a powerful assortment of historical Greek statues and vases, in addition to a good-sized assortment of Egyptian artifacts. Some of the fascinating and beautiful reveals is the Latin American Common Artwork gallery, the place colourful sculptures, masks, and miniatures exploring the themes of life and loss of life in Latin tradition take heart stage.
Get Scared on a Ghost Tour
San Antonio is a really previous metropolis, and particularly the place wars have been fought, there’s a tense power that by no means appears to depart the place. As our information Robert identified from RJA Ghost Excursions, the Alamo is mainly only a big graveyard.
Even should you aren’t a robust believer in ghosts, taking a ghost tour provides you the possibility to see the town at evening, find out about who lived, labored and died in San Antonio, and provides you a style of historical past you would possibly in any other case miss.
Quite a lot of the buildings downtown are historic, together with many lodges just like the Menger, which is presupposed to have 45 ghosts in there alone. Apparently, Teddy Rosevelt is a visitor who by no means actually left the Menger Bar, the place he famously chosen his Tough Riders again in 1898.
You may additionally see the ghostly apparition of a maid from the 1870s on the Menger, Sallie White, nonetheless making beds after her husband killed her in a jealous rage outdoors the lodge one evening.
Even the Alamo has had its share of ghost encounters – when Santa Anna ordered his males to tear down the remainder of the Alamo after the battle, the boys noticed six ghosts or “diablos” come out to defend the Alamo as soon as extra. That’s fairly disturbing!
To study all concerning the ghosts of San Antonio, and extra concerning the metropolis’s wealthy and unusual historical past, take a look at RJA Ghost Excursions. They’re enjoyable, just a little hokey, and undoubtedly spooky – particularly should you discover out you’re staying in a haunted lodge!
The place to Keep in San Antonio
If you’re coming to San Antonio, it’s greatest to remain for a number of days and discover all the town has to supply! The perfect space is certainly by the Alamo downtown, this fashion you may stroll to a lot of the central sights and it makes for a scenic and straightforward time.
A few of the greatest choices on this space are:
- Resort Gibbs – Situated catty-corner to the Alamo, this lodge is clear and trendy and tremendous comfy, and comes with a complimentary buffet breakfast. The perfect a part of all? You may actually have a room that overlooks the Alamo (I did!) and it’s an effective way to start out and finish your day. I all the time felt tremendous near the motion (I had a seat for the Battle of the Flowers parade proper by the lodge) and the River Stroll is just a few minutes away.
- Sonder The Atlee – If a trip rental is extra your factor, this spacious and tremendous vivid residence is the proper place to name residence base. It’s simply two blocks away from the Alamo and has two bedrooms, excellent should you’re touring with associates or household.
- Resort Contessa – If you wish to keep proper on the River Stroll (which is totally comprehensible), this charming and colourful lodge has attractive suites and a pool with a sizzling tub for these sizzling Texan afternoons. You may come out and stroll alongside the River Stroll at any time in fact, too!
Concerning the Writer: Richie Goff is a Louisville, Kentucky native with an incredible love of the outside. When he’s not rising flowers for enjoyable, he’s the Editor-in-Chief of Sensible Wanderlust and Let’s Go Louisville. He has been a pal of Lia’s since highschool, and so they have taken loads of their very own disaster-prone adventures collectively!
Are you excited to go to San Antonio but? Which of these items in San Antonio are you dying to do (in all probability go to Fiesta, proper?)? Drop your feedback and questions on visiting San Antonio within the feedback under!
Psst: Planning a go to to Texas or the West? Try a few of our different posts that can assist you plan your journey!
Did you discover this publish inspiring? Reserve it for afterward Pinterest!
Disclaimer: This publish was created in partnership with Go to San Antonio. All opinions and tremendous corny jokes are 100% my personal and completely not their fault.