The division of Boyacá is situated within the Andean Area of central Colombia. Right here you’ll find a number of the most lovely cities in all of Colombia. Its cities are colourful, cheerful and with loads of historical past and wonder. One of the best half is these cities could be simply visited as a day journey from Bogotá, the Colombian capital. Boyacá with 123 municipalities, with numerous vacationer sights. On this information I’ll share my favourite cities in Boyacá for a day journey or weekend getaway from Bogotá.
Tricks to go to Boyacá:
- Convey money
- Pack a coat (The temperature in Boyacá is between 45°F and 55°F)
- Pack your digital camera and mobile phone (you’ll be taking a number of images)
- Convey alongside a battery pack or mobile phone charger
- Ebook a guided tour, as there’s a variety of historical past in these cities
- Pack a hat, pair of gloves and a shawl
- Use sunscreen
- Pack a go well with bathing for the new springs
Villa de Leyva:
The primary metropolis it’s best to go to is Villa de Leyva, the place you may have breakfast, stroll across the downtown and take a number of images. It is vitally straightforward to get to Villa de Leyva from Bogotá, you will get there by non-public taxi (a bit of costlier), excursions (there are fairly a couple of) or by taking a bus from the Salitre Terminal in Bogotá. The bus trip is 4 hours and the ticket is round $30,000 COP.
I like to recommend leaving very first thing within the morning to profit from your day. In the event you go by taxi, I like to recommend you undergo the Boyacá bridge. This small bridge is the situation of an vital battle within the liberation of the area and serves as an emblem of the independence of South America. It’s situated very near Tunja, the capital of Boyacá. Along with the historic bridge, you’ll find the Monument to Bolívar, the triumphal arch and the Obelisk of victory.
Certainly, Villa de Leyva is among the most visited and delightful cities within the division of Boyacá, because it is among the Heritage Cities of Colombia. Its cobbled streets and colonial vibe narrate its historical past and transport you again in time.
Villa de Leyva has many issues to do, resembling touring its historic heart, having a espresso within the Plaza Mayor, visiting the Iglesia del Rosario, having fun with a scrumptious meal, tasting chocolate on the chocolate museum. It’s also possible to go to its museums such because the Luis Alberto Acuña Home Museum, the Nariño Home, the Royal Liquor Manufacturing unit, the Vargas Tejada Home, the Ricaurte Home and the Basic Gustavo Rojas Pinilla Home. If you’re extra adventurous, you may trip a quad (scooter), go to the dinosaur museum and stroll by means of the enduring blue wells.
Villa de Leyva is dwelling to a number of giant festivals together with the Wind and Kite Pageant in August, the Worldwide Historical past Pageant in September, the Pageant of Lights in December and the Astronomical Pageant in February.
For the second a part of you journey I like to recommend you go to Ráquira. It’s one in every of my favourite cities and probably the most vital vacationer locations in Boyacá. Its lovely murals and colours on the partitions mixed with the quantity of handicrafts on the market, this city is to not be missed.
In actual fact, Ráquira is taken into account the artisan city of Boyacá, given its robust ancestral custom targeted on pottery and the manufacture of handicrafts based mostly on baked clay. It’s important to go to the church of San Antonio, the La Candelaria monastery, its many craft outlets and workshops, and naturally take images with its lovely murals. This lovely city is situated simply half-hour from Villa Leyva.
The Most Lovely Cities To Go to In Boyacá, Colombia
Exploring Villa de Leyva and Ráquira can simply fill a whole day journey from Bogota, there are numerous extra lovely cities in Boyacá if you wish to keep for the weekend or longer. A number of the most picturesque cities to go to in Boyacá are:
- Tota Lagoon: Tota Lagoon is a gorgeous lagoon with turquoise water and white sand. The climate is chilly so don’t overlook to deliver a coat. Right here it’s also possible to take pleasure in numerous water sports activities.
- Paipa: That is the city for historical past lovers, as a result of the Battle of the Pantano de Vargas came about in Paipa, probably the most vital battles for the Independence of New Granada. It’s also possible to go to its scorching springs, a number of historic monuments and Hacienda el Salitre, the place Simon Bolívar stayed. Be certain attempt the Paipa cheese.
- Tibasosa: A colonial city with very pleasant folks, as you may anticipate in Colombia. In Tibasosa you may stroll by means of its lovely streets that are lined with flowers of assorted colours, which explains its nickname because the Backyard of Boyacá. It’s also know for its merchandise created from feijoa (a guava-like fruit), resembling feijoa sabajón, feijoa arequipe and feijoa jam.
- Duitama and Pueblito Boyacense: Additionally referred to as the Pearl of Boyacá these cities wealthy in tradition. Essentially the most well-known is the Pueblito Boyacense, this space has greater than 100 homes that deliver collectively the sweetness, gastronomy and tradition of all of the cities of Boyacá. It’s also possible to take images with the homes painted in white and inexperienced, contrasting with the Sierra Nevada de Güicán within the background.
- Mongui: One other city the place you may nonetheless recognize the Spanish colonial structure. It’s important to see the favored Monguí soccer balls, go to the Páramo de Ocetá, go to the ball making workshops, its predominant sq. and the Minor Basilica of Our Woman of Monguí.
- El Cocuy: Go to the snowy peaks of Cocuy, bathe within the scorching springs of Güicán, go to the residing museum of the salt route, and tour this lovely city.