Alexandria, VA – Enterprise vacationers are taking to the roads and the skies once more, however are company journey packages and insurance policies maintaining with the best way enterprise journey occurs now? With company journey and in-person conferences more and more returning, companies have to be considerate about how they’re implementing – or re-implementing – their journey packages, particularly in terms of their floor transportation.
That’s the premise behind a first-ever floor transportation report – “The Company Journey Comeback: The Evolution of Floor Transportation and Different Trending Enterprise Journey Matters” – which is predicated on a quantitative survey of company journey managers throughout the U.S. and Canada. From Uber for Enterprise, Uber’s enterprise arm, and the International Enterprise Journey Affiliation, the world’s largest affiliation representing the pre-pandemic $1.4 trillion international enterprise journey business, the report uncovers urgent considerations and issues from journey managers at a number of the world’s largest corporations.
“Company journey is on the rise. Uber noticed airport rides characterize 13% of Mobility Gross Bookings in Q1 2022, rising 166% from the previous 12 months,” mentioned Susan Anderson, International Head of Uber for Enterprise. “As an increasing number of corporations shift to in-person and hybrid work flows, it’s essential that companies reimagine their journey packages and insurance policies, in order that they’re tailor-made to this new period of enterprise that we’re working in. Our hope is that this report’s findings can present journey managers and others within the enterprise journey house with the insights and information they want so as to roll out seamless and environment friendly journey packages that outpace the necessities of a altering world.”
The report finds that journey managers rising from the pandemic are laser-focused on just a few key issues in terms of evolving enterprise journey packages at their corporations: traveler security, coverage compliance, and sustainability. In comparison with two years in the past, 75% of employers are extra centered on traveler security/well-being, 55% are extra centered on sustainability/social duty, and 53% are extra centered on journey coverage compliance/enforcement.
“As we’ve moved by the pandemic, enterprise journey and vacationers have modified and subsequently firm journey packages should evolve accordingly. This analysis places a highlight on a number of the essential and considerate issues occurring throughout corporations and company journey departments in terms of serving staff touring for enterprise transferring ahead,” mentioned Suzanne Neufang, CEO of GBTA.
Getting enterprise vacationers from Level A to B and in every single place in between
When serious about their firm’s present strategy to managing floor transportation, survey respondents recognized a number of the high strengths of their journey packages – in addition to notable areas for enchancment.
- Rideshare and rental automobiles high the listing. Most journey managers say their firm’s staff “regularly” use rental automobiles (82%) and rideshare apps (70%) on work journeys, however fewer than half (48%) say staff regularly use taxis.
- Going premium. Most journey insurance policies a minimum of generally enable chauffeured transportation/black automotive service (74%), premium ridesharing (68%), and premium/luxurious rental automobiles (51%). Roughly one-third say their firm’s staff “generally” or “regularly” use chauffeured transportation (36%) or premium ridesharing (30%).Half of journey packages (49%) presently have a enterprise account with a rideshare platform and one-third (35%) would take into account it. An important options cited by journey managers had been reporting (76%), integration with expense platforms (69%), and skill to use firm insurance policies (62%).
Evolving enterprise journey for folks and the planet – regardless of the price
- Making sustainability a precedence. An amazing majority (84%) say sustainability is a minimum of considerably essential within the design of their firm’s journey program, with 50% saying it is extremely or extraordinarily essential.
- Of the businesses surveyed, 73% are monitoring or contemplating organising monitoring floor transportation sustainability efforts.
- Although journey packages prioritize sustainability, not all are prepared to incur important further value so as to obtain extra sustainable outcomes. Solely 6% of respondents say their firm presently permits staff to spend extra on sustainable journey choices, and an extra one-quarter (26%) are contemplating permitting staff to spend extra.
Work meets play, however how does journey coverage observe?
- Enterprise and leisure, higher collectively. Ninety % of respondents say staff are extra (30%) or equally as (60%) in bleisure journey – including trip days to their work journeys – in comparison with pre-pandemic occasions. And though 36% say their firm’s journey coverage expressly permits bleisure journeys, 49% their coverage doesn’t, however staff are sometimes allowed to take these journeys in apply.
A enterprise traveler has to eat – however what are the foundations now?
- Inflation’s impression on meals. Meal costs are rising due to excessive inflation. Whereas nearly one-third of respondents (29%) say their firm has raised its spending restrict or per diem for meals, a bigger quantity (56%) say these are unchanged from final fiscal or calendar 12 months.
- Meals supply is right here to remain. Greater than half (55%) of journey managers say their firm’s staff a minimum of generally use meals supply apps on enterprise journeys and 32% anticipate staff to make use of them greater than they do in the present day.
- Most journey packages (52%) have already got or would take into account having a enterprise account with a meals supply platform. Options essential to journey managers are integration with expense software program (74%), reporting (72%), potential to order group meals (66%), and skill to use firm insurance policies (64%).The Uber For Enterprise/GBTA survey was fielded April 18-27, 2022, amongst GBTA members and business stakeholders within the U.S. and Canada who’re concerned with managing or procuring journey on behalf of their firm and resulted in 202 responses.GBTA members can obtain a full copy of the analysis report on the GBTA Hub or go to the Uber for Enterprise web site.
You may obtain a replica of the complete report by clicking right here.
About Uber for Enterprise
Uber for Enterprise brings one of the best of Uber to organizations across the globe with a seamless platform constructed to assist them higher help and have interaction these they make use of and serve. With international scale, built-in options and distinctive service, Uber for Enterprise empowers organizations to streamline enterprise journey, reimagine worker wellbeing, and elevate the shopper expertise – all whereas enabling staff to effortlessly leverage the Uber they love and belief of their skilled lives. Since launching in 2014, Uber for Enterprise has scaled to 60+ nations and 10,000 cities, and helped 170,000 organizations convey flexibility and effectivity into their operations. For extra, go to our web site.
Concerning the International Enterprise Journey Affiliation
The International Enterprise Journey Affiliation (GBTA) is the world’s largest enterprise journey and conferences commerce group headquartered within the Washington, D.C. space with operations throughout 4 continents. GBTA’s members handle greater than $345 billion of worldwide enterprise journey and conferences expenditures yearly. GBTA delivers world-class schooling, occasions, analysis, advocacy and media to a rising international community of greater than 28,000 journey professionals and 125,000 lively contacts. To find out how enterprise journey drives lasting enterprise development, go to www.gbta.org.
GBTA International Communications, PR & Analysis
+1 305 301 7057