I assume you might need heard of fascinating city Tulum in Mexico. In that case, and if you happen to ever resolve to go to the realm, then it is best to have enjoyable at cenote Zemway. There’s many spectacular cenotes (sink holes) round Tulum however out of all of them I can extremely suggest you to go to cenote Zemway Tulum.
I used to be informed that the cenote Zemway was open to public solely in 2021. To date, it’s nonetheless one of many less-known cenotes in Tulum space, so if you happen to get fortunate, you would possibly even have all of it to your self.
The spectacular cenote Zemway Tulum has:
- crystal clear turquoise water.
- the water colour is altering from inexperienced to blue relying on the daylight.
- only a few fish swimming round cenote. You possibly can deliver your snorkeling gear however you wouldn’t see a lot, if something in any respect.
- no algae makes the water much more clear.
- stairs and a platform to make coming into the water simpler.
- a few totally different leaping platforms with the very best one in all 12 metres.
- a lifeguard watching over the cenote visitors.
Every thing it’s good to find out about cenote Zemway
Zemway cenote is positioned roughly 12 km from Tulum metropolis heart in the direction of Coba city, in Quintana Roo state in Mexico. It’s kind of 10 km on the primary street after which to the fitting one other 1.5 km on the facet jungle street.
How you can get there?
1. you’ll be able to lease an e-scooter from Zynch (which is what I did with a buddy of mine). This could be essentially the most eco-friendly strategy to get from Tulum to cenote Zemway.
2. take a colectivo bus from the Avenida Coba avenue someplace near Tremendous Aki grocery store within the path to Coba. Inform the driving force to cease on the Rancho el Alux. There you’d want to show proper and stroll virtually 1.5 km to the cenote itself.
3. take a taxi – the most costly choice. Discount the value and ensure the taxi driver picks you up at sure time to get you again to Tulum.
4. hitchhike – possibly it might be simpler to hitchhike on the best way again from the cenote to Tulum. However in all probability to get to Zemway from Tulum can be okay, too, if you happen to waited someplace on the Avenida Coba after Tremendous Aki. Nevertheless, please do not forget that hitchhiking will be harmful, and particularly in Mexico. Use your frequent sense.
Once I visited in the long run of February 2022, the doorway payment was 250 mexican pesos per individual. I doubt it might value any much less in future; solely extra. So deliver money with you. There’s no ATM, nor alternate workplace on the web site.
- it’s closed on Saturdays
- lifejackets usually are not required for swimming in cenote Zemway.
- because it’s an open cenote, the water shouldn’t be extraordinarily chilly (unlikely to closed cenotes).
- there’s showers and bathrooms to make use of.
- I heard there’s a palapa the place they put together some snacks which you would purchase however the morning we spent there I didn’t see anybody promoting any meals there so simply in case deliver your personal meals and water.
- chemical repellent and sunscreen lotions are NOT allowed to make use of within the cenote.
- if it’s good to use one thing, then use solely 100% pure mosquito repellent.
- if it’s good to, use solely 100% pure sunscreen lotion. Personally, I don’t use any lotions, simply 100% natural cold-pressed raspberry oil to guard my pores and skin from sunrays.
- if you happen to’d like to cover from the sunbeams, there are some locations with shadow across the cenote, e.g. pergolas and palapas.
Cenote Zemway is only one of many cenotes to go to round Tulum. It was one in all my favourite ones not solely due to clear water and totally different choices to have enjoyable, but additionally as a result of it’s surrounded by jungle. I nonetheless keep in mind observing the jungle timber whereas floating there. Breeze, birds and even noticed some butterflies! Unforgettable reminiscences!
On my Instagram I posted a yoga video I took in cenote Zemway:
TIP 1: Mexico is a stunning nation it is best to undoubtedly put in your bucket checklist. Earlier than you go, first learn 5 belongings you didn’t find out about Mexico to be taught one thing new.
TIP 2: If you’re within the Mexican state of Quintana Roo the place Tulum is positioned as effectively, then you shouldn’t miss snorkeling with whale sharks. You possibly can go on a visit from Cancun often between Could and September when whale sharks are within the space.
Would you want to go to the distinctive cenote Zemway or different cenotes near Tulum? Inform me within the feedback under.
*Disclaimer: All my pictures on this put up are from a cloudy day. Sadly, we didn’t handle to go to cenote Zemway on a sunny day when the water seems a lot nicer.