On Sunday 5 June, the British Embassy Tripoli hosted a Queen’s Birthday Get together in celebration of Her Majesty the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. Her Majesty the Queen is the primary monarch to have fun 70 years of service to the UK and the Commonwealth; throughout the occasion, Her Majesty’s Ambassador, Caroline Hurndall raised the Union Flag to reopen formally the British Embassy in Tripoli, closed since 2014; this was additionally the British Embassy Tripoli’s first Queen’s Birthday Get together in eight years. The British Embassy Tripoli planted an olive tree within the Embassy gardens as a part of The Queen’s Inexperienced Cover.
Her Majesty the Queen has a historic and private connection to Libya. The Queen’s second ever-state go to was to Tobruk, the place she visited the Battle Cemetery commemorating British and Commonwealth troopers who fought and died in North Africa within the Second World Battle. There she met Libya’s former King, Idris, who invested upon Her the Order of Idris the First. This represented an necessary step in a vibrant and enduring relationship between our two international locations.
On the first QBP in Libya since 2014, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Libya, Caroline Hurndall, formally re-opened the British Embassy in Tripoli, which had been closed since that 12 months. The reopening of the Embassy underlines the UK’s persevering with dedication to develop nearer cooperation with Libya and to work with Libyans and the UN in the direction of a sturdy political settlement for Libya.
Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Libya stated:
Though the Embassy is predicated in Tripoli, this can be a demonstration of our dedication to the entire of Libya. I’m proud that our work touches the lives of Libyans throughout the entire nation.
If Libya is to fulfil her political and financial potential, Libya’s leaders should proceed to implement the October Ceasefire Settlement, and work collectively to pursue compromise and cooperation. The individuals of Libya deserve this.
A variety of company attended – together with authorities officers, the United Nations Assist Mission in Libya, representatives of different embassies, and members of Libya’s vibrant enterprise and civic communities –to have fun The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, the reopening of the British Embassy in Tripoli, and the work of the British Embassy all through Libya.
The British Embassy in Tripoli’s work throughout Libya contains:
- working with the United Nations Assist Mission in Libya to in facilitate an inclusive political course of
- supporting the Excessive Nationwide Election Fee to assist put together Libya for profitable elections
- working with the Peaceable Change Initiative to facilitate native degree peacebuilding processes throughout the entire nation, together with Ajdibaya, Tobruk and Zliten
- supporting Free Fields Basis and HALO in clearing contaminated areas of explosive remnants of struggle in Tripoli, Sirte and Benghazi, decreasing the impression of battle on the lives of Libyans
- coaching and mentoring delivered by UK policing and regulation enforcement specialists to Libyan officers from Benghazi, Sebha, Misrata, and Tripoli, enabling Libyan regulation enforcement to dismantle terrorist networks
- working with British companies to entry alternatives with companions throughout Libya in sectors starting from prescribed drugs to monetary companies to power transition
- serving to Libyan lecturers of English, facilitating entry to worldwide studying, and supporting cultural connections by means of the British Council, enabling Libyans to interact on the earth
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of British Embassy Tripoli.
This Press Launch has been issued by APO. The content material is just not monitored by the editorial crew of African Enterprise and never of the content material has been checked or validated by our editorial groups, proof readers or reality checkers. The issuer is solely accountable for the content material of this announcement.