What: Launch of the Tax Transparency in Africa 2022 report
When: 14 June 2022, 09:00-12:15 East Africa time (06:00-09:15 UTC, 08:00-11:15 CEST)
The place: Serena Lodge, Nairobi, Kenya and digital
(click on right here to hitch the occasion just about)
Tax Transparency in Africa is a key output of the Africa Initiative, a programme established in 2014 to make sure that African international locations are outfitted to take advantage of the most recent enhancements in world transparency to raised deal with tax evasion and different illicit monetary flows.
The 2022 version, a co-production of the World Discussion board on Transparency and Alternate of Data for Tax Functions (The World Discussion board), the African Union Fee and the African Tax Administration Discussion board, covers 38 African international locations. It informs decision-makers and residents concerning the continent’s newest progress and challenges.
The launch is a part of the 11th assembly of the Africa Initiative, slated for 14-16 June in Nairobi, Kenya. The convention will collect consultants from tax administrations, regional and worldwide organisations, academia, and civil society organisations.
The African Improvement Financial institution Group has been an Observer of the World Discussion board since 2015. It has performed an important function in coverage dialogue with African member international locations on tax transparency and the alternate of knowledge. It additionally contributes to the Tax Transparency in Africa report.
Individuals will embrace:
- Mr Ukur Yatani, Cupboard Secretary, Nationwide Treasury & Planning, Kenya
- Mr Yoshiki Takeuchi, Deputy Secretary-Basic, OECD
- Ms Maria José Garde, Chair, World Discussion board on Transparency and Alternate of Data for Tax Functions
- Mr Githii Mburu, Commissioner Basic, Kenya Income Authority / Chair of the Africa Initiative
- Mr Francis Muthaura, Chair, Kenya Income Authority board
- Mr Edward Kieswetter, Commissioner, South African Income Companies / Vice-Chair of the Africa Initiative
- Ms Grace Perez-Navarro, Deputy Director, Centre for Tax Coverage and Administration, OECD
- Ms Zayda Manatta, Head of Secretariat, World Discussion board on Transparency and Alternate of Data for Tax Functions
- Mr Logan Wort, Govt Secretary, African Tax Administration Discussion board
In regards to the World Discussion board
The World Discussion board on Transparency and Alternate of Data for Tax Functions is a multilateral framework for tax transparency and data sharing, inside which over 160 jurisdictions take part on an equal footing, together with 32 African international locations.
Click on right here for extra info