Piekenierskloof Wines has been bagging award after award and most lately received the 2022 London Wine Competitors prize for a wine crafted from vines planted 60 years in the past. The profitable Bergendal Chenin Blanc 2020 was made by formidable winemaker Hendrien Vercueil.
Piekeniers Kloof Wines was based in 1959, with its first vines planted merely three years later in 1962. Hendrien has been Piekeniers’ winemaker for the previous two years, based on Good Issues Man. Profitable this award is testomony to her laborious work and dedication.
She competed towards 1 300 different wines from over 36 nations; weighted and assessed on packaging, worth and high quality, every out of a rating of 100.
High quality was assessed primarily based on if the wine meets its audience and a chemical evaluation on its look, physique, style, aftertaste and aroma.
Worth was assessed when it comes to worth and high quality; the higher the standard for the worth the higher.
Packaging was assessed primarily based on how the judges suppose shoppers will understand the product. Different components are additionally thought of, corresponding to info and label design, closure and total look.
The judging course of contains the next:
- A blind style to find out drinkability and high quality
- An evaluation of selection, model, nation and area, the place relevant.
- Judges are given a bottle for them to evaluate its packaging, high quality and worth.
- Every choose give an unbiased rating and a weighted common is given on the finish.
- All Gold profitable wines are re-tasted earlier than ultimate ruling.
Piekenierskloof’s Bergendal Chenin Blanc 2020 positioned Gold total, with 90 factors.
The wine additionally earned an award within the Greatest Wine by Nation class.
Image: Piekenierskloof Wines
Farm stalls between Cape City and Clanwilliam: Kardoesie