0 C
Munich
Thursday, December 8, 2022

Webuild-led consortium wins €616m Palermo-Catania rail contract

Must read

Webuild and its consortium associate have secured a €616m contract for a piece of the Palermo-Catania rail line in Italy.

Known as Lot 4b, the part contains the design and constructing of the Nuova Enna-Dittaino.

Webuild has a 70% curiosity within the consortium whereas associate Pizzarotti owns the remaining 30%.

The contract, which is commissioned by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI) of the Italian state railway operator Gruppo Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane (FS), will even get funding from Italy’s Nationwide Plan for Restoration and Resilience, (PNRR in Italy).

Work is anticipated to start earlier than the tip of this yr.

Lot 4b entails establishing 15km of recent railway, with 8.5km passing through three tunnels and an additional 2km throughout 5 viaducts.

The challenge will even embody the development of a prepare station at Enna, in addition to upgrades to at least one station at Dittaino.

Building of this part is projected to create 650 jobs.

Webuild is at the moment engaged in constructing Bicocca Catenanuova, which is one other part of the Palermo-Catania line.

The Palermo-Catania railway is a part of an initiative inside the EU to develop a sustainable mobility community often known as the Trans-European Transport Community (TEN-T).

Webuild is engaged within the growth of the community in different components of Italy, together with the Genoa-Milan Excessive-Velocity, Excessive-Capability Railway Line, a number of sections of the Brenner Base Tunnel within the northeast, and a number of sections of the high-speed railway between Naples and Bari within the south.

Associated Firms

liverpool street station nova c lr 321

related companies

main 499

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article