Wesgro, the Western Cape’s tourism, commerce and funding promotional physique has launched information displaying a strong restoration for the Western Cape’s tourism and hospitality sector, particularly over the Easter season.
Air passenger visitors is on the rise, and the April 2022 month-to-month report mirrored vital restoration charges at key points of interest, with some points of interest recording charges of 100% and extra.
Listed here are a few of the key findings for April 2022:
– Worldwide and home terminal passengers each recovered to over 70% in April 2022 and George Airport passengers totally recovered (101%) when in comparison with April 2019.
– Lodge occupancy grew from 37,9% in April 2021 to 52,4% in April 2022, representing a restoration charge of 87% when in comparison with April 2019.
– Guests to the 27 taking part points of interest recorded a complete of 448,347 in April 2022, a 67% year-on-year development within the variety of guests and a restoration charge of 61% when in comparison with April 2019 (734,850).
– The highest 5 highest year-on-year development charges have been recorded for Agulhas Nationwide Park (+705%), Kogelberg Nature Reserve (+167%), and Desk Mountain Nationwide Park: Boulders (+159%), Robben Island (+145%) and Stony Level (+112%).
– Pure points of interest, significantly Desk Mountain, Cape Level, Hottentots Hollandberge, Knysna Heads and the Southern Tip of Africa have been well-liked amongst each home and worldwide vacationers.
‘Our Cape City Air Entry Staff has recovered 21 locations in its route community and we’ve got additionally seen a big curiosity in establishing routes between Cape City and new markets such because the USA and Belgium,’ mentioned Wesgro CEO and Official Spokesperson for Cape City Air Entry, Wrenelle Stander.
Image: Getaway gallery
WIN! A full day metropolis bike rental for 2 in Cape City