Probably the most magical and delightful locations within the Ecuadorian Amazon Rainforest is Puerto Misahuallí, which is positioned simply 40 minutes by automotive east of Tena, Napo. Puerto Misahuallí is understood for its wild monkeys, which roam freely by way of the central park and alongside the banks of the Rio Napo seashore, making mischief with vacationers who stroll distracted by the sweetness.
In Puerto Misahuallí you possibly can take pleasure in all kinds of utmost sports activities, climbing alongside trails throughout the Amazon Rainforest, visiting indigenous communities within the space, swimming within the river, having fun with the native wildlife and naturally, tasting its scrumptious gastronomy. On this information you’ll find the perfect issues to do in Puerto Misahualli in at some point.
The place is Puerto Misahualli positioned?
Puerto Misahuallí is a rural parish belonging to the Tena canton. It’s positioned 40 minutes by automotive from Tena, and close to Puerto Napo; 25 kilometers southeast of Tena on the confluence of the Napo and Misahuallí rivers. Misahualli can be a river port within the Amazon area.
Learn how to get to Puerto Misahualli?
The closest worldwide airport is positioned within the capital metropolis of Quito. From Quito you possibly can take a bus on the Quitumbre terminal to Tena and from there make a switch to Puerto Misahualli. The buses run repeatedly and the journey is roughly 5 hours and value between $5 to $10.
Another choice is to go by personal automotive which takes the identical journey time as touring by bus. Understand that the roads within the Amazon area usually are not in good situation in sure sections, so we advocate going with a car in optimum situations.
The very best issues to do in Puerto Misahuallí in at some point:
1. Journey Sports activities
Excessive sports activities are the most well-liked actions in Puerto Misahuallí. You may go tubbing, kayaking and rafting on the Río Napo.
2. Mountain climbing within the Amazon Rainforest
The Ecuadorian jungle has essentially the most range of fauna and flora, so climbing by way of the Amazon jungle is one thing you need to do whenever you go to Puerto Misahualli. Relying on the place you go climbing you possibly can go to totally different waterfalls, see monkeys and take photographs with big Ceibos timber. We advocate that you simply carry insect repellent and waterproof clothes so that you could higher benefit from the stroll.
3. Go to indigenous communities in Ecuador
One of many actions you need to do in Puerto Misahualli is to go to a neighborhood indigenous neighborhood; Shiripuno and Muyuna. On this sector dwell a number of tribes of the Quichua (or Kichwa) neighborhood, which by way of neighborhood tourism you possibly can take a tour to study extra about their dances, their ancestral music, their gastronomy and the place you possibly can observe wild animals.
In my case I did a cleanse with the native shaman. The price of entry to the neighborhood is $5 per individual and cleanse is $5 extra per individual. In an effort to attain the totally different communities you’ll have to go by boat and the costs are already established.
4. Go to the AmaZOOnico animal rescue middle
Probably the most in style actions to do in Puerto Misahuallí is barely accessible by motorized canoe. We usually don’t advocate going to zoos except it’s a place the place they rescue animals which were abused, injured or rescued from unlawful animal commerce. On the AmaZOOnico animal rescue middle it is possible for you to to see animals that inhabit the jungle, however that maybe in any other case could be very troublesome to search out and visualize of their pure habitat. Among the many animals that it is possible for you to to see are the toucan, parrots, parrots, spider monkeys, chorongo, jaguars, alligators, anacondas, boas, and different unique species.
Crucial factor is that this middle goals to rehabilitate and later reintroduce the animal in its pure habitat. The experience from Puerto Misahuallí to the rescue middle takes about 1 hour and the doorway prices $3 per individual.
5. Benefit from the native gastronomy
You can’t go away the Amazon or Puerto Misahualli with out making an attempt the “Maito de tilapia”, the “chontacuro”, the Guayusa tea and the well-known Amazonian chocolate.
- Maito de tilapia: Typical dish of the Amazon area consisting of a fish wrapped in banana leaves, cooked on charcoal and served with yuca and salad.
- Chontacuro: A very unique dish. It consists of the larvae of the worm that inhabits the Chonta plant, which is served roasted, accompanied by yucca and salad. Its roasted taste is described as having a similarity to pork rinds.
- Guayusa tea: Conventional tea from the Amazon area, which is often served with meals or accompanying breakfast. It accommodates caffeine, so it’s a good energizer to start out the day.
- Chocolate: Additionally in japanese Ecuador it is not uncommon to search out chocolate. One of many actions carried out in Amazonian agriculture is harvesting, roasting, grinding and clearly tasting this candy deal with.
6. Go to the Viewpoints of the Space
The very best viewpoint are positioned within the Shipati Lodge. This lodge has 3 viewpoints the place you possibly can see the good Amazonian vegetation and its river. Different viewpoints which might be price visiting are the three Communities Viewpoint and the “El Ceibo” Viewpoint. The doorway to those viewpoints is $2 per individual.
7. Take photographs of the wild monkeys of Puerto Misahualli
Essentially the most fascinating factor to see in Puerto Misahualli are the monkeys that usually wander across the central plaza or alongside the banks of the Napo River. You will note them very shut so watch out together with your belongings, as a result of these monkeys are very naughty and so they are likely to steal issues. Please don’t attempt to contact them and worse to feed them. Let’s take pleasure in wild animals and respect their house and residential.
8. Go to the Cascadas de Latas
On the way in which to Misahualli from Puerto Napo you will notice the doorway to the Latas waterfall. It’s positioned inside a personal property with small entrance price of $1.50 in case you are Ecuadorian and $2 in case you are a foreigner. In the event you journey by bus, the doorway to the waterfall is 10 minutes by bus from Puerto Misahuallí. The path to the waterfall is roughly 45 minutes. The waterfall is open till 4:00 PM.
9. Take a shower at Puerto Misahuallí Seashore
The seashore in Puerto Misahuallí is a extremely popular spot within the Amazon and particularly very touristy because of the capuchin monkeys that go for a stroll within the morning. I repeat, watch out as a result of the monkeys like to take your issues.
10. Go to the Caverns of Jumandy
To get to the Jumandy caverns you need to take a bus to Tena and from there you possibly can take a taxi to the Jumandy caverns vacationer complicated or when you’ve got a personal automotive you possibly can drive on to the complicated.
Entrance to the caves is $4 per individual; $2 to enter the complicated and $2 extra to enter the caverns. The complicated has a restaurant, parking, swimming pool and loos. Understand that the caverns are very darkish and even when you’ve got flashlights. In case you are afraid of tight areas or the darkish, it might be higher to not enter.
11. Misahualli Butterfly Farm
The Misahuallí Butterfly Backyard is positioned close to the Central Park. Right here yow will discover dozens of Blue Morpho butterflies amongst different butterflies and study extra about their life cycle.
What ought to I pack for Puerto Misahualli?
- Waterproof pants
- Sneakers or strolling sneakers
- Sun shades
- Insect repellent
- Bathing swimsuit
The place to sleep in Puerto Misahualli?
Relying if you wish to camp or in case you choose to sleep in a lodge, right here we now have you the perfect choices:
- Suchipakari Lodge: I had the chance to stick with them and the reality is that I cherished it. An excellent good place surrounded by nature. We have been capable of observe a number of frogs, tarantulas, and in the meanwhile they’re serving to to rehabilitate a child toucan. Its rooms are tremendous snug, they provide scrumptious meals and a number of other vacationer packages of issues to do within the space. Its social areas are firstclass, it’s the greatest place to relaxation within the jungle with all of the comforts of the case. There isn’t a cellular phone service however they’ve WIFI.
- Selina Tena – Lodging with choice to sleep in shared rooms. It has house for coworking, yoga, evening actions and different leisure choices for visitors.
- El Jardín Lodge – It’s positioned within the higher half which lets you have majestic views of the union of the Misahuallí and Napo rivers, one of many principal direct tributaries of the good Amazon River.
- Banana Lodge – It’s a family-run Mattress & Breakfast hidden within the Amazon jungle, on the banks of the Misahualli River and a 10-minute stroll from the middle of Misahualli.
- Shipati Lodge – It has an attractive view of Puerto Misahuallí, the place you even have the choice of tenting for $3 throughout the viewpoint clearing.
- La Casa del Suizo – It has 77 rooms in a semi-luxurious house in the midst of the Amazon, on the banks of the Napo River. It has a bar, swimming swimming pools, gazebo; and gives its visitors varied actions in addition to journey sports activities.