Visiting Slovenia By Camper In One Week What You Want To Know:
Do you wish to have the expertise of a lifetime? Then it’s good to go to Slovenia, and do it in fashion: On an Epic Street Journey by campervan! Learn on as I share my unbelievable expertise, discovering inexperienced Slovenia in a single week’s Itinerary that gained’t miss any of the fabulous issues and sights it’s essential to see in Slovenia, particularly if you happen to’re a nature and journey lover!
For extra sights, you’re in the appropriate place as a result of I’ll record the opposite superb locations in Slovenia you’ll want to see after your first journey!
Slovenia has been in my “journey radar” for years now however residing on the opposite facet of the globe more often than not I didn’t have the likelihood to go to this superb nation but.
That’s till September 2020, when BalkanCampers contacted me to attempt to truthfully assessment their classic campervans for a week-long journey to Slovenia. It was merely good: Not solely I wished to go to the nation however doing it by campervan, and a classic one none the much less, was a dream coming true for me. After months of isolation and quarantine, I used to be elated!
To not point out that we have been already in the midst of the Covid-19 Pandemic, and touring was virtually unattainable all over the place. Gladly not on this case. Having the ability to attain Slovenia with out dangers and utilizing a Campervan to maneuver round was one of many most secure choices in that exact second.
In case you’re itching to journey once more and are in a position to attain Slovenia in a secure means, renting their Campervans is golden. Particularly if you’re planning to immerse yourselves in nature. Which is exactly what we did!
Stand out and Lease A Classic Campervan with all The Comforts!
Why Selecting Balkan Campers To Lease Your Campervan:
Earlier than we dive proper into the gorgeous sights of Slovenia, I wish to take a second to actually and wholeheartedly suggest Balkan Campers in your Campervan Rental.
- Superb Camper van fashions: The gathering of classic Campervans they supply are so cool that you’ll have a tough time selecting one (I do know we did!).
- Dependable Autos: Their workers, pretty individuals, verify the car and the engine after each journey, to verify it in wonderful situation and will provide you with all of the directions to drive it safely.
- They Give You All the things You Want: From the essential provides for tenting & cooking to hammocks and even bicycles if you happen to want them. They’ve all of it!
- Their motto is incredible: A easy “RECONNECT”, so true when you end up driving across the inexperienced and majestic landscapes of Slovenia!
- They care concerning the atmosphere: A lot in order that they devoted a web page on their web site referred to as “Love&Unity” the place you possibly can be part of a explanation for your liking to assist the atmosphere and different nice causes. Massive thumbs up for that.
- Aggressive costs: From 40 to 60 euros per individual (if you’re 2 individuals and even much less with further individuals) you’ll have every part it’s good to uncover Slovenia at your individual tempo. Tremendous low cost in comparison with different choices like renting a automotive+resort or selecting an organized journey, the place you’re certain to a schedule.
- Impeccable Help on the highway: You have got a problem? No drawback! Name or textual content both them and they’re going to attain you wherever you’re for a easy and stress-free highway journey! On our third day, the electrical heater stopped working they usually promptly got here to our campsite to interchange it. Thanks, guys!
- An organization manufactured from real individuals: That’s one other facet we actually appreciated about them general. Nejc, Ziha, and Miha are so pleasant, cheerful, and enthusiastic about their enterprise. They’ll transmit their love for Campervan life, nature, and Slovenia immediately.
Which campervan is best for you?
We determined to take the Dugme Campervan on the highway, however try the opposite fashions and their availability to plan your subsequent journey to Slovenia!
Why Ought to You Go to Slovenia By Campervan:
- Freedom of Motion
- See the Prime sights at your individual tempo
- Journey gradual and actually get pleasure from Slovenia
- Immerse your self within the wild Slovenian nature
- See The beautiful villages on the highway
- Use The Campsites as a base
- It’s merely the best method to journey for adventurous spirits
How To Go to Slovenia on Your 1 Week Campervan Street journey:
Clearly shouldn’t be humanly doable to see every part in a single week, however I nonetheless wish to put a whole record of issues to do and see in Slovenia as a result of, belief me on that, when you go to, you’ll be again for extra!
We didn’t go to all of the sights I’m going to say beneath. We have been in a position to spot a few of them whereas on our means again to Lijubiana, and we determined to skip some others for our subsequent journey to Slovenia.
I believe that making an attempt to squeeze in numerous issues in a one-week itinerary it’s counterproductive since you don’t actually benefit from the wild great thing about Slovenia.
Touring by campervan, as already said above, is generally about seeing and experiencing issues at your individual tempo, actually savoring what you’re doing, and stopping as usually as you need.
So, take a look at these superb Slovenian Sights and determine which of them will steal your coronary heart.
Spoiler alert: Most probably all of them will, and you’ll really feel overwhelmed by the alternatives. Don’t fear, as soon as in Slovenia you’ll know the place to go first, and the remainder will observe!
Beneath I divided the sights to see in Slovenia by Areas in your comfort, this manner you’ll know the place to look if you try a Map of Slovenia, however the nation is small, and you’ll shuttle with out losing an excessive amount of time if you happen to determine to alter up your itinerary a bit.
The Finest Sights In Slovenia – By Area:
Probably the most superb locations we noticed throughout our one-week Itinerary: The unbelievable Soca Valley within the Goriska Area (on the northwest a part of Slovenia). A spot to not be missed!
Gorenjska – Radovljica Area :
(Intro to this Area)+ Map
- Lake Bled
- Lake Bohinj (on completely different sides)
- Savica Waterfall/Savica River+ hikes (Test if it’s on this area)
- Triglav Nationwide Park (Massive Nationwide Park, discuss it)
- The Mountains (what mountains? Speak about them)
- Vršič-Go (Particularly in Autumn/Early Winter for the snow or spring/Summer season for the hikes)
- Skofia Loka
(Intro to this Area)+ Map
- Socka Valley/ Socka River (the extra you see the higher!)
- Vipava Valley (Vineyards)
- Cease In Tolmin (Campsite) / Tolmin Gorge (Triglav Pure Park)
- Slap Kozjak (superb )waterfall
- Napoleon Bridge (we handed by it)
- Bovec /actions/treks/hikes/canyoing
Primorsko- Kraska Area:
(Intro to this Area: Slovenian Coast)+ Map
- Secovlie salt works
- Medieval Cities of Piran, Izola, Koper
- Karst Area: UNESCO Scocjan Caves
Our 1 Week Slovenia Itinerary by Campervan (Together with Campsites)
How we determined to journey round Slovenia and why (Small nation, wished to see the highest sights but additionally merely get pleasure from nature)
DAY ONE: Lubljana – Tenting Sobec
- Arrival in Ljubljana round noon
- Taxi to Balkan Campers (Spodnja Bistrica 7, 4290 Tržič, Slovenia)
- Shopping for provides on the close by grocery store (Cesta Ste Marie aux Mines 17, 4290 Tržič)
- Checked and Collected our Campervan. Formally began our journey!
- First lunch beneath bushes near a sports activities place (Nogometno igrišče, Črnivec, 4243 Brezje)
- Cease at a random inexperienced area with a hut on the highway
- Drive to the primary campsite for the evening (Tenting Sobec, Šobčeva Cesta 25, 4248 Lesce)
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY:
Personalizing and having fun with our Campervan! Inserting all of the provides, garments, and equipment for the journeys in the appropriate areas, and at last having fun with driving within the inexperienced, discovering random spots to cease for a stroll, having a fast picture session, or just calm down.
The tremendous good inexperienced fields and mountains the place we stopped for a couple of photographs. The ambiance was unbelievable, with low clouds hovering round us.
The Sobec tenting website, with its inexperienced areas and the turquoise river Sava passing proper within the center. Extremely beneficial if you wish to keep near Bled, a mere 8 minutes drive. Excellent!
To start out your journey in Slovenia the appropriate means, take the primary day simple, prepare for the journey bu shopping for all of the meals you’re going to want for the journey, and take a look at the most effective campsites close by the principle spots you wish to go to the following day, so you possibly can get up, have your breakfast and begin exploring!
DAY TWO: Lake Bled-Lake Bohinj
- Drive to Lake Bled, first Cease on the parking spot in entrance of it (Parkirišče, Veslaška promenada 1, 4260 Bled)
- Stroll on the Pier with good views of the long-lasting fort in the midst of the Lake
- Driving to a better level (Bled Jezero, 4260 Bled) To take footage throughout and after a rainstorm
- Driving additional to Lake Bohinjsko Jezero to see the well-known Goldenhorn statue (Ribčev Laz, 4265 Bohinjsko Jezero): Distance: 30 min drive.
- Driving to a parking spot close by the Savica waterfall (Ukanc 103, 4265 Bohinjsko Jezero) for our in a single day keep.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY:
DAY THREE: Savica Waterfall- Tenting Web site Lake Bohinj
- Stroll to Savica-Waterfall (30 min from the parking area, spherical 10 euros Admission payment)
- Driving to campground Camp Zlatorog Bohinj instantly on Lake Bohinj (Ukanc 5, 4265 Bohinjsko Jezero).
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY
DAY FOUR: Having fun with Lake Bohinj & Surrounding Areas
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY
DAY FIVE: Arriving at Soca Valley
- Driving from Lake Bohinj to Soca-Valley: 1 hour and 40 minutes drive
- Numerous stops on the highway to take footage within the misty forest
- Arriving at Camp Gabrje (Gabrje 29, 5220 Tolmin) for the evening
HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY
DAY SIX: Soca Valley /Soca River exploration
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY:
DAY SEVEN: Gabrje- Tolmin Space
- Stroll to the village Gabrje
- Hike to waterfall Grofova (Gabrje 5220, Gabrje)
- Go to on the Tolmin Gorges
HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY:
DAY EIGHT: Soca Valley-Again To BalcanCampers
- Driving alongside the Soca River deep in The valley
- Napoleon’s Bridge
- Boves city and environment
- Trenta and Environment
- Reaching Vršič-Go (5232 Soča) coated in snow
- Typical Slovenian meal within the Restaurant Mihov dom na Vršiču – Planinski dom (Vršiška Cesta 83, 4280 Kranjska Gora)
- Drive again to BalkanCampers- Finish of our superb journey